Supporting students' future pathways Post 18
One of the biggest things we are proud of is our support for life after A Levels. Our bespoke, in-depth and year-round support for UCAS applications is something we take great pride in. The 1:1 meetings, feedback and advice we give every student in years 12 and 13 are highly effective and the feedback we receive is excellent. It goes without question that finding a young person’s motivation for their A Level study, in the form of the future experiences and careers it will end up providing them with, is a key ingredient to the outstanding academic success and future destinations of our students.
To that end, Teddington Sixth Form has invested in and is working in partnership with Unifrog to support students in their Post 18 pathways. It helps students find out university degree courses across the country and helps with their UCAS statement writing; in addition it also supports students who are thinking about alternative pathways like apprenticeships in a wider range of industries. Each student is given their own unique log in so they can access the resource in school and at home. Unifrog:
- Helps students find the right University course or live apprenticeship vacancy quickly
- Uses Labour Market Information to make informed choices
- Compares courses and vacancies by lots of different factors including distance from home, social life and salary
- Helps students complete UCAS applications that elevate them above the crowd
- Provide students with independent and impartial careers information