Global Citizens are well rounded individuals with self-confidence born from experience. They are informed of the world around them and curious about their role in it.
Experienced – Students have experience of the world around them through a comprehensive programme of extracurricular activities and educational visits.
Informed – Students have an opportunity to listen to a range of voices and engage with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Curiosity – Students are keen to learn about the world around them and engage with the opportunities that it brings.
Global citizens are created both through the curriculum and our wider enrichment programme. Through the curriculum, students have opportunity to learn about real life issues, current affairs and significant events which shape the way our world works.
Our wider enrichment programme has already given students the opportunity to:
- Collect donations for a local foodbank in Kingston Upon Thames
- Visit a care home and share some of their artwork with the residents
- Participate in workshops which educate students on a range of issues
- Work with students from feeder primary schools who want to experience life at Teddington
- Raise money for charities which support victims of natural disasters
- Listen to TEDdigton talks from a wide variety of external speakers
- Participate in trips and visits which provide experiences both within the UK and beyond