The catering team at Teddington School is committed to providing nutritious school meals. We take an holistic approach to health and wellbeing, making lunchtime tasty, enjoyable and great value for money.
School meals are provided at all three serving points within the school. We run a daily breakfast club from 8.15 am, and lunch is served in two sittings to ensure every has a pleasent experience. Students are encouraged to sit in the dining hall to eat during lunchtime and especially during inclement weather. There are a number of picnic benches for students to use if the weather is fine and we encourage students to go outside for fresh air before returning to the classroom.
Blue Dot Deal
Students eligible for free school meals automatically have their student card credited each day, and they can use this allowance at lunch time to purchase any two items. The system is “invisible”, so students are not aware who is claiming a free school meal. Parents can top up these accounts via Parent Pay if they want their child to be able to spend more than the free school meal allowance or to make purchases at times other than lunchtime.
Provision of food in the middle of the day will be given free of charge to a student whose familiy are in receipt of:
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400
- Income support
- Income based Jobseeker's Allowance (IBJSA)
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance (IRESA)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by HMRC.
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit).
If your child is currently in receipt of free school meals, or you think that your child is entitled to them, you must fill out an application form. You can apply online, through your local council, using the following links: