Inclusivity lies at the heart of what we do and so we plan our school day around supporting, challenging and motivating all our students, all of the time.
I feel strongly that school should be a happy and safe environment for students to come to each day; we want them to thrive and achieve. This can only be realised by them being challenged and supported by all staff, at all times.
My staff came into teaching to make a difference and to improve the lives of young people and that is what we are determined to do. Our aim, ultimately, is to provide a quality education that prepares Teddington students for life beyond school.
I have been Headteacher now for a year and I have been watching us, as a school community, grow stronger and stronger every day. We are delighted to welcome a full intake of students to Year 7 and continue to grow our sixth form.
The year ahead will be a big year for us and staff are working hard to continue the tide of progress forward. We continue to have a relentless drive on making our pedagogy and school environment the very best that it can be, so I am pleased to be overseeing the growth and embedding of the great work that was achieved during the last academic year.
Our school values drive students' ambitions each day:
- Responsibility - for my own achievements; for my own behaviour around school; for my life chances
- Endeavour - to try my hardest to achieve what I want to achieve - I will never give up
- Empathy - to understand and share the feelings of those around me, and strive to achieve together
- Integrity - to uphold moral principles- challenge negativity and be a great team player
- Innovation - to strive to create new ideas.
We look forward to working hard with our students again this year. Please know my door is always open, as ever, any time, if you have anything you want to discuss. I welcome all interactions with parents, students and all Teddington stakeholders.
Thank you in advance for your support.